Aunt Cindy's Chicken Clam Chowder
Wonderfully hearty soup - great for a cold day and warm fire.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) Bacon, diced
- 1/2 pound(s) ham, cubed
- 2 cup(s) chopped onions
- 2 cup(s) chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 cup(s) diced potatoes
- 2 cup(s) cooked, diced chicken
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 can(s) clams with juice
- 1 can(s) shoepeg corn with liquid
- 3/4 cup(s) flour
- 4 cup(s) milk
- 4 cup(s) shredded cheddar or jack cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped parsley
- Saute bacon, ham, onions and celery in skillet until bacon is crisp and onions are celery are limp - add salt and pepper. Combine all ingredients in a 6 QT. slow cooker except for flour, milk, cheese cream and parsley. Cover, cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Whisk flour into milk. Stir into soup along with cheese, cream and parsley. Cook one more hour on high.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by huntersmom and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note