This recipe was delicious! I cut my potatoes 1/4" thick as well. Instead of tobasco I used chalula because its what I had. The cheese portion definitely suited my taste and I was delighted to read that heavy cream was not required. One thing I would probably do is mix the cheese and the potatoes instead of just pouring it on top. The cheese didnt penetrate the entire dish but my potatoes were wonderful!
Au Gratin Potatoes, (Scalloped Potatoes)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 potatoes sliced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) cheddar cheese grated
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 4 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 dash(es) Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/2 stick(s) margarine or butter
- Peel potatoes and slice 1/2" thick. boil in 4 cups of salted water. Cook 6 minutes only! Drain. Melt butter and add cornstarch until it bubbles. Add paprika salt, and white pepper. Gradually add milk and stir constantly until thick. Remove from stove and add cheese. Add Tabasco and cayenne. Into oblong Pyrex casserole, place drained, sliced potatoes evenly Pour sauce on top. Cover with more grated cheese and cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Can be frozen.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Linwaite and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Au Gratin Potatoes, (Scalloped Potatoes) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables