I made this recipe for our easter dinner and it was a HIT!! I did substitute fried onions for the cornflakes, though, bc I didn't have cornflakes around and didn't have time to make a mad dash to the market. I also added green onion to the mix. And let me tell you... It was DELICIOUS!! Thank you for sharing this recipe, we found a traditional dish at our holiday table.
Au Gratin Hash Browns
- 1 30-ounce package(s) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cup(s) (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 1/2 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 10 3/4-ounce can(s) reduced-fat, reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 1/2 cup(s) cornflakes, lightly crushed
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, cheese, onion, salt and pepper. In another bowl, combine the sour cream and soup. Pour over potato mixture and mix gently to combine. Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Toss cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note