Atlantic Beach Lemon Pie
From Bill Smith at the Crooks Corner via NPR's "Found Recipes"
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) sugar
- Makes one pie
- For the crust:
- 1 1/2 sleeves of saltine crackers
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- For the filling:
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup lemon or lime juice or a mix of the two
- Fresh whipped cream and coarse sea salt for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 .
- Crush the crackers finely, but not to dust. You can use a food processor or your hands. Add the sugar, then knead in the butter until the crumbs hold together like dough. Press into an 8 inch pie pan. Chill for 15 minutes, then bake for 18 minutes or until the crust colors a little.
- While the crust is cooling (it doesn't need to be cold), beat the egg yolks into the milk, then beat in the citrus juice. It is important to completely combine these ingredients. Pour into the shell and bake for 16 minutes until the filling has set. The pie needs to be completely cold to be sliced. Serve with fresh whipped cream and a sprinkling of sea salt.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EleanorCook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Atlantic Beach Lemon Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pies/Pastries