Assemble-Your-Own Barbecue Stacks
Inspired by a recipe from Teresa Todd of Dickson, Tennessee, we came up with this version. Expand toppings to include pickled okra or sliced jalapeño peppers.
More From Southern Living
- 2 pounds warm shredded barbecued chicken without sauce*
- 1/3 cup red barbecue sauce
- Cornbread Griddle Cakes
- Red barbecue sauce to taste
- 30 plum tomato slices (about 5 tomatoes)
- White Barbecue Sauce Slaw
- 1 cup White Barbecue Sauce
- Toppings: red onion slices, cracked pepper
- 1. Toss chicken in 1/3 cup red barbecue sauce.
- 2. Spoon barbecued chicken mixture evenly onto Cornbread Griddle Cakes. Drizzle each with red barbecue sauce to taste. Top each with 1 tomato slice. Spoon White Barbecue Sauce Slaw onto each tomato slice. Serve with White Barbecue Sauce and desired toppings.
- *2 lb. shredded barbecued beef or pork without sauce may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Stubb's Original Bar-B-Q Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note