Asparagus with White Truffle Aïoli
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 egg yolks*
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons white truffle oil
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus
- Garnish: lemon zest
- Pulse garlic clove in a food processor or blender 3 to 4 times or until chopped. Add egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. With processor running, gradually add truffle oil and olive oil in a slow, steady stream, processing until thickened.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus spears. Cook asparagus, covered, in boiling salted water to cover 2 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge asparagus into ice water to stop the cooking process, and drain. Arrange asparagus on a serving platter. Garnish, if desired. Serve with aïoli.
- *One-fourth cup egg substitute may be used in place of the egg yolks. Two tablespoons warm water may be added to thin aïoli.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables