Asparagus with Watercress
Notes: Up to 1 day ahead, cook asparagus; cool, cover, and chill. Mix dressing; cover and let stand. Radicchio di Trevisio leaves are long and narrow.
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 83
- Calories from fat: 82%
- Protein: 2.6g
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 3.1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 43mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 pounds asparagus
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 4 cups tender watercress sprigs, rinsed and crisped
- 1/2 pound radicchio di Trevisio, red Belgian endive, or regular radicchio, rinsed and crisped (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add asparagus; cook, uncovered, until barely tender when pierced, about 5 minutes. Drain and immerse in cold water. When cool, in about 5 minutes, drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix oil, vinegar, mustard, and tarragon.
- 3. Arrange watercress and radicchio (whole leaves or slivered) on a platter. Top with asparagus. Drizzle dressing over asparagus and greens. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This