- 2 pounds asparagus
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 4 cups tender watercress sprigs, rinsed and crisped
- 1/2 pound radicchio di Trevisio, red Belgian endive, or regular radicchio, rinsed and crisped (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- calories 83
- caloriesfromfat 82 %
- protein 2.6 g
- fat 7.6 g
- satfat 1.1 g
- carbohydrate 3.1 g
- fiber 1 g
- sodium 43 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add asparagus; cook, uncovered, until barely tender when pierced, about 5 minutes. Drain and immerse in cold water. When cool, in about 5 minutes, drain.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix oil, vinegar, mustard, and tarragon.
Arrange watercress and radicchio (whole leaves or slivered) on a platter. Top with asparagus. Drizzle dressing over asparagus and greens. Add salt and pepper to taste.