Asparagus with Red-Onion-and-Orange Vinaigrette
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 small celery heart with leaves, minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced carrot
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus; remove scales from stalks with a vegetable peeler, if desired. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill asparagus, without grill lid, over high heat (400° to 500°) 2 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Stir together celery and remaining ingredients; spoon over asparagus.
- *If asparagus spears are larger than 1/2 inch in diameter, cook in boiling water 1 minute; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and pat dry. Grill as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Asparagus with Red-Onion-and-Orange Vinaigrette Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining
- CUISINE: American, New American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Vegetables
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless, Gluten-Free
- COOKING METHOD: Grill
- OCCASION: Spring, Summer, Easter, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, Birthdays/Anniversaries
- PUBLICATION: Coastal Living
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables