Great for a healthy late night, fast and easy dinner. I added some Herbes de Provence, a touch of lemon juice and some Portabella mushrooms-absolutely delicious!
Asparagus with Prosciutto Chips
Photo: James Baigrie
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 59
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Sodium: 350mg
- Carbohydrate: 4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 small bunches (about 1 3/4 pounds) asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 350° F. Place the prosciutto in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake until crisped, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let cool.
Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes, depending on thickness. Drain and transfer to a bowl of ice water. Drain again and pat dry. Cut the asparagus into 2-inch pieces. Transfer to a bowl. Add the oil, salt, and pepper and toss. Break the prosciutto into pieces and sprinkle over the asparagus.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables