Asparagus With Orange Vinaigrette
If the asparagus are fat or you prefer them more tender, you can increase the cooking time.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 large navel oranges, sectioned
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus; arrange asparagus in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Plunge asparagus into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- Combine shallots, vinegar, and next 4 ingredients; gradually whisk in 1/2 cup olive oil, blending well. Drizzle over asparagus. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads