Quick and easy! Very yummy
Asparagus with Olive Oil and Parm
- 1 asparagus
- Asparagus Recipe
- Preparation time: 10 minutes.
- 1 bunch of medium sized asparagus, about 1 lb
- 2 Tbsp of the most exquisite extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest - freshly grated lemon rind
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Prepare the asparagus by rinsing them thoroughly, break off any tough, white bottoms and discard. Cut into 1 to 2 inch sections, slicing the asparagus at a slight diagonal.
- 2 Fill a medium sized saucepan half way with water, bring to a boil. Add the asparagus and reduce heat slightly to a simmer. Parboil the asparagus for exactly 2 minutes. Drain the hot water. While the asparagus are still hot, toss them in a bowl with the olive oil, Parmesan, and lemon rind. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or room temperature.
- Note that when you are working with so few ingredients, it's important to make sure they are of the highest quality.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Rygees and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Asparagus with Olive Oil and Parm Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables