Asparagus with Mushroom Ragout
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) asparagus trim bottom end of stalk
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 whole(s) onion, medium minced (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter, unsalted
- 1 pound(s) mushrooms cut into bite-size pieces
- ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup(s) white wine, dry
- 3 tablespoon(s) parsley chopped
- Fill large saucepan w 1-2 inches of water. Boil, then season w salt. Working in batches add the asparagus, bring back to boil, boil for 2-4 minutes, until tender, or 4-8 minutes for thicker spears. Remove to baking sheet lined with a clean towel.
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add minced onion and cook, stirring 1-2 times, for 3-4 minutes. Add butter, then mushrooms and stir to combine. Season w salt and pepper to taste. Increase to high heat until the mushrooms' moisture has evaporated.
- Add wine and cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 2 Tbsp parsley. Cut the asparagus into 2-inch-long pieces and place in serving bowl. Top w mushroom mixture and stir to combine. Top with remaining parsley. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by bluesdoc and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note