Asparagus with Mimosa Topping
Made with grated egg, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and fresh parsley, this topping adds a boost to any number of green vegetables, from broccoli to green beans. To mix it up, use tender herbs like chervil, basil or tarragon instead of or in addition to the parsley.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 slice(s) whole-wheat bread, crusts removed
- Cooking spray
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bunch(es) asparagus (about 2 1/2 pounds), woody bottoms removed
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- Pulse the bread in a food processor until it becomes fine crumbs. Coat a medium non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat the pan over medium-high heat until hot. Lower the heat to medium, add the bread crumbs and then toast, tossing often until they are golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool completely.
- Peel, then grate the egg, using the medium holes of a box grater. Combine the egg, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and toss to combine.
- Place the asparagus on a serving platter and sprinkle evenly with the topping.
- Ellie Krieger
- CookSmart Apr 12
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cwarren51 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Asparagus with Mimosa Topping Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables