Asparagus with Lemon Butter
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Garnish: lemon rind strips
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus; remove scales with a vegetable peeler, if desired.
- Melt butter in a skillet; add asparagus, and sauté 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add salt and pepper; remove from heat. Toss with lemon rind and juice. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note