Asparagus with Garlic Lemon Gremolata
2 pounds fresh asparagus $ 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1 1/2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil 3 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind $ 1 garlic clove, minced Preparation Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Steam asparagus, covered, 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge asparagus into ice water; drain. Place asparagus on a large platter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil. Combine parsley and the remaining ingredi
Yield: 8 servings ( Serving Size: 3 stalks )
Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) fresh asparagus
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) grated lemon rind
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon(s) finely grated Parmesan cheese Optional
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- Toss asparagus in 1 tablespoon of oil. Juice half lemon and add to asparagus.
- On a cookie sheet or shallow pan, spread out asparagus and grind fresh pepper over.
- Roast asparagus, 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Place asparagus on a large platter.
- Drizzle with remaining oil.
- In a mortar and pestle, mash garlic clove. Combine with grated lemon rind and sprinkle over asparagus.
- Optional...add grated Parmesan cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kimmy95 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes