Asparagus with Garlic Cream
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 58
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 2.7g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 51mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 (8-ounce) carton reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- Combine first 6 ingredients, stirring well. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus; remove scales from stalks with a vegetable peeler, if desired.
- Place asparagus in a small amount of boiling water. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain. Cover and chill.
- To serve, place asparagus on a serving platter. Top with sauce, and sprinkle with chives.
- Tip: Drizzle crisp-tender asparagus spears with a garlicky cream sauce and top with a sprinkling of fragrant snipped chives.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables