Asparagus with Dill Sauce
Photo: Ralph Anderson; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
Steam asparagus up to 2 days ahead, and store in zip-top plastic bags in refrigerator. Make dill sauce up to 3 days ahead; refrigerate in an airtight container.
Yield: Makes 25 servings
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 pounds asparagus
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine first 5 ingredients; cover and chill.
- Snap tough ends from asparagus. Arrange asparagus in a steamer basket over boiling water; cover and steam 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Arrange asparagus on a serving platter; drizzle with 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Serve with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Asparagus with Dill Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers, Hors d'Oeuvres
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Make-Ahead, Quick/Easy
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Dairy, Vegetables
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless, Gluten-Free
- COOKING METHOD: Steam
- OCCASION: Weddings, Birthdays/Anniversaries, Easter, Father's Day, Mother's Day
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living