I don't think that orange and dijon mustard go together at all. I try lots of things but this is over the top. I love asparagus and usually put something like garlic ranch dressing and balsamic vinegar, or poppy seed dressing and parmesan cheese and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes uncovered. I don't like the boiled or steamed asparagus.
Asparagus With Citrus Sauce
More From Southern Living
Chill: 1 Hour
Steam: 7 Minutes
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives
- 1. Stir together first 8 ingredients. Cover citrus sauce, and chill 1 hour.
- 2. Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus; remove scales with a vegetable peeler, if desired.
- 3. Fill an asparagus steamer with 2 inches water, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Place asparagus, cut ends down, in steamer basket; place basket in steamer, cover, and steam 6 to 7 minutes or just until asparagus spears are tender.
- 4. Plunge asparagus into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- 5. Arrange asparagus spears on serving platter. Garnish citrus sauce, if desired, and serve with asparagus.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables