- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives
How to Make It
Stir together first 8 ingredients. Cover citrus sauce, and chill 1 hour.
Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus; remove scales with a vegetable peeler, if desired.
Fill an asparagus steamer with 2 inches water, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Place asparagus, cut ends down, in steamer basket; place basket in steamer, cover, and steam 6 to 7 minutes or just until asparagus spears are tender.
Plunge asparagus into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
Arrange asparagus spears on serving platter. Garnish citrus sauce, if desired, and serve with asparagus.