I was actually surprised with this one...I don't particularly care for asparagus but this will changed my mind. I used Feta cheese instead of Goat cheese and was really happy with the results. will do again
Asparagus with Black Pepper, Bacon, and Goat Cheese Sauce
Cook asparagus in salted water to maintain bright green color. You can vary the dressing by adding your favorite crumbled cheese, such as feta or blue cheese.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 1/4 pound asparagus and 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 69
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 5.4g
- Carbohydrate: 7.3g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 161mg
- Calcium: 48mg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds asparagus spears, trimmed
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) goat cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled (drained)
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- Bring 1 gallon water and salt to a boil in a Dutch oven; add asparagus. Cook 2 minutes or until crisp tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels; chill.
- Combine goat cheese, mayonnaise, juice, pepper, and bacon in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring until smooth.
- Arrange asparagus on a platter; drizzle with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Asparagus with Black Pepper, Bacon, and Goat Cheese Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This