Asparagus Veal Cordon Bleu
This recipe may be doubled and reheats well in the microwave. From Jeanne Molloy: Feeding Hills, Massachusetts. Recipe published in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 tablespoon(s) water
- 2 veal cutlets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 thin slice(s) slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded Italian cheese blend
- • Place asparagus and water in an 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- • Flatten veal to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small skillet, saute garlic in oil. Add veal; brown for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- • Transfer to an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In the pan drippings, saute mushrooms until tender; spoon over veal. Top each with four asparagus spears and a slice of prosciutto. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until juices run clear.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note