Asparagus and Teleme Tart
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Kevin Crafts
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 276
- Calories from fat: 62%
- Protein: 12g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 331mg
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie dough for a 9-in. pie shell*
- 8 ounces teleme cheese, whole-milk mozzarella (not fresh or water-packed), or muenster cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 3 1/2-in. pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Unroll pie dough and fold in half. Roll into a 6- by 16 1/2 in. rectangle. Fit into a 4- by 14-in. rectangular tart pan, press against sides, and roll over the top with a rolling pin; save scraps for another use.
- 2. Prick bottom of crust with a fork and bake until golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 3. Line tart bottom with cheese. In a medium bowl, toss asparagus with oil to coat. Arrange spears crosswise over cheese, tightly packed, alternating the direction of tip and stem pieces and cutting to fit as necessary (reserve extras for another use). Bake until cheese melts, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle generously with pepper.
- *We especially like Pillsbury pie dough.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This