Easy to prepare with lots of unique flavor. I did not have cumin seeds but substituted slightly less ground cumin and it came our wonderfully.
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 34
- Calories from fat: 65%
- Protein: 1.8g
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrate: 2.4g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 15mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1. Rinse asparagus, then snap off and discard tough stem ends. Cut stalks diagonally into 2-inch lengths. You should have about 3 cups.
- 2. Pour oil into a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat. When warm, add cumin and stir until seeds are a shade darker, about 30 seconds. Stir in garlic and turmeric; add asparagus and stir until coated. Pour in 3 tablespoons water.
- 3. Cover pan, reduce heat to low, and cook until asparagus is tender-crisp to bite, 3 to 4 minutes. Season the asparagus to taste with salt. Pour into a serving bowl.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables