This taste as good as it looks. Was a big hit at a special dinner party.
Asparagus Swiss Quiche
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 10 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1 pound(s) fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup(s) (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 9-inch unbaked pastry shell
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) half-and-half cream
- • In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In the drippings, saute onion until browned; drain.
- • Cut eight asparagus spears into 4-in.-long spears for garnish. Cut remaining asparagus into 1-in. pieces. In a saucepan, cook all of the asparagus in a small amount of boiling water until crisp-tender; drain.
- • In a bowl, toss the bacon, onion, asparagus pieces, cheese, flour, salt and pepper. Pour into pastry shell. In a bowl, beat eggs and cream; pour over bacon mixture. Top with asparagus spears. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and crust is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note