My husband's favorite. Delicious.
Asparagus Summer Salad
Photo: Peden & Munk; Styling: Amy Wilson
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 227
- Calories from fat: 71%
- Protein: 9.7g
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Sodium: 425mg
- Cholesterol: 8.4mg
- 2 pounds thick asparagus, cut into 2-in. pieces on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup each chopped fresh basil, chives, and cilantro
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Drop asparagus into a large pot of boiling water and cook until bright green and slightly softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain asparagus and rinse with very cold water until cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, mustard, oil, and herbs. Add asparagus, onion, pine nuts, feta, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Also featured in: Sunset, June 2009
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads