My husband's favorite. Delicious.
Asparagus Summer Salad
Time: 20 minutes.
Yield: Serves 6
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 227
- Calories from fat: 71%
- Protein: 9.7g
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Sodium: 425mg
- Cholesterol: 8.4mg
- 2 pounds thick asparagus, cut into 2-in. pieces
- 2 tablespoons each fresh lemon juice and Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup each chopped fresh basil, chives, and cilantro
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Drop asparagus into water and cook until bright green and slightly softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain asparagus and rinse with very cold water until cool to the touch.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, mustard, oil, and herbs. Add asparagus, onion, pine nuts, feta, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads