Asparagus-Stuffed Chicken Rolls
A rich entree with pretty presentation and sensational flavors. From Louise Ambrose: Kingston, New York. Recipe published in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 fresh asparagus spears
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 2 slice(s) provolone cheese (1 ounce each)
- 2 slice(s) deli ham (3/4 ounce each)
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) white wine or chicken broth
- • In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- • Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread mustard over one side of each chicken breast. Down the center of each, place two sage leaves, a cheese slice, ham slice and four asparagus spears. Fold chicken over asparagus; secure with toothpicks.
- • Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip chicken in the flour, egg, then bread crumb mixture.
- • In a large skillet, brown chicken on all sides in butter and oil. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Add wine to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Pour over chicken. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note