Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts
My wife and I like to share a large chicken breast for dinner and this recipe adds a little flavor burst. You could also add small cubes of provolone or mozzarella to the filling. We like it with or without the sauce.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 4 spear(s) asparagus 1" diagonal cuts
- 5 piece(s) sun dried tomato halves chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 ounce(s) fresh spinach chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) feta cheese crumbled
- 1 12 oz. chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) flour
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Coat a 10" skillet with cooking spray, add oil. Saute asparagus pieces 2 minutes over medium high heat. Add garlic and tomatoes, saute 1 minute. Add spinach, cook until wilted. Remove from heat stir in feta, set aside. Cut a deep pocket in the chicken breast, salt and pepper both sides of chicken. Pack filling in pocket. Place chicken in a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until done. For the sauce, melt butter in medium skillet over medium high heat. Add flour and stir continuously for 4-5 minutes. Add broth and lemon juice, continue stirring until sauce begins to thicken. Serve over chicken.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mitcheti and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note