Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 4 spear(s) asparagus 1" diagonal cuts
- 5 piece(s) sun dried tomato halves chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 ounce(s) fresh spinach chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) feta cheese crumbled
- 1 12 oz. chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) flour
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Coat a 10" skillet with cooking spray, add oil. Saute asparagus pieces 2 minutes over medium high heat. Add garlic and tomatoes, saute 1 minute. Add spinach, cook until wilted. Remove from heat stir in feta, set aside. Cut a deep pocket in the chicken breast, salt and pepper both sides of chicken. Pack filling in pocket. Place chicken in a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until done. For the sauce, melt butter in medium skillet over medium high heat. Add flour and stir continuously for 4-5 minutes. Add broth and lemon juice, continue stirring until sauce begins to thicken. Serve over chicken.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mitcheti and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note