The dressing was terrific and gorgonzola outstanding. Served with CL's "Glorious Easter Menu" with ham, carrot soup, etc. Left cheese off for a lactose-intolerant guest and was still very good. Could only find canned white asparagus. Might leave off next time; they sort of looked like alien fingers (or worse)!
Asparagus and Spring Greens Salad with Gorgonzola Vinaigrette
Photo: Sang An; Styling: Pam Morris
Serve this savory salad alongside a nice steak or a piece of flavorful fish, such as tuna or salmon.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 77
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Carbohydrate: 4g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 239mg
- Calcium: 63mg
- 1 pound green and white asparagus, trimmed and cut into (2-inch) pieces
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, divided
- 1 (5-ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 1. Cook asparagus and 2 teaspoons salt in boiling water 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse asparagus under cold water; drain.
- 2. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, shallots, and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese.
- 3. Combine asparagus and greens in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Asparagus and Spring Greens Salad with Gorgonzola Vinaigrette Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Salads