I just made this tonight and it was so delicious!!! This was restaurant quality. The asparagus literally only needs two minutes in the boiling water. I wasn't expecting it to go that quickly. I had to hustle to cool it down. Everything turned out yummy. The asparagus was crisp, the dressing light and flavorful, and the greens hearty and satisfying. Mmm mmm yummy.
Asparagus and Spring Greens Salad with Gorgonzola Vinaigrette
Photo: Sang An; Styling: Pam Morris
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 77
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Carbohydrate: 4g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 239mg
- Calcium: 63mg
- 1 pound green and white asparagus, trimmed and cut into (2-inch) pieces
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, divided
- 1 (5-ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 1. Cook asparagus and 2 teaspoons salt in boiling water 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse asparagus under cold water; drain.
- 2. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, shallots, and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese.
- 3. Combine asparagus and greens in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Asparagus and Spring Greens Salad with Gorgonzola Vinaigrette Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This