Wonderful sauce- does a great job complimenting asparagus. Will definitely make again.
Asparagus Spears With Garlic Aïoli
Top fresh steamed asparagus spears with a low-fat garlic-mayonnaise sauce for a quick and easy spring side dish.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 51
- Fat: 2.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 3.3g
- Carbohydrate: 5.8g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 175mg
- Calcium: 56mg
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Set aside.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus; remove scales from stalks with a vegetable peeler, if desired.
- Place asparagus spears in a large skillet; add water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Plunge asparagus into cold water to stop the cooking process; drain. Place asparagus on a serving platter; spoon yogurt mixture over asparagus. Sprinkle with paprika.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note