Asparagus Spears with Creamy Mustard Dressing
When shopping for asparagus, choose firm, pencil-thin spears that are uniform in size (which ensures even cooking) and have tightly closed, bright green and lavender tips. Asparagus is a good source of vitamins A, B, and C, as well as iron.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 58
- Fat: 1.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 8.7g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 286mg
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Calcium: 55mg
- 1 pound asparagus spears
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- Bring water to a boil in a 12-inch skillet; add asparagus. Cook 1 minute; drain and plunge into ice water. Drain well.
- Combine mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Arrange asparagus on a serving platter; top with dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note