- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 8 (1/2-ounce) slices French bread
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Gouda cheese
- 1/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground green peppercorns
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- calories 86
- caloriesfromfat 27 %
- fat 2.6 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- monofat 0.9 g
- polyfat 0.1 g
- protein 4.3 g
- carbohydrate 11.9 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- cholesterol 6 mg
- iron 0.9 mg
- sodium 234 mg
- calcium 64 mg
How to Make It
Place chicken broth and asparagus in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a simmer. Cook 8 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Remove from heat.
Heat butter and olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced shiitake mushrooms to pan; cook 3 minutes or until mushrooms begin to brown. Set aside.
Place bread on a baking sheet covered with foil; coat bread with cooking spray. Broil 2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn bread over, and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Broil 2 minutes or until cheese bubbles.
Pour asparagus mixture into a blender. Add rice, peppercorns, and salt; puree until smooth. Ladle 1/2 cup soup into each of 8 bowls; top evenly with mushrooms. Top each serving with 1 crouton.