Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 stalk(s) celery finely chopped
- 1 med potato peeled and diced
- 4 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1 1/2 pint(s) asparagus 1" peices
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ground pepper
- 1 cup(s) whole milk
- parsley and parmesan for garnish
- Heat butter and cook onion. Add the potato and celery and cook for another 2 min, stirring often. Pour in 2 cups of the stock and bring to a boil. cover and simmer until the potatoes are tender, 15 min or so. Add the asparagus, the remaining 2 cups stock, salt and pepper, Cover and simmer until all the veggies are tender, about another 15 min.
- Let the soup cool slightly and the puree for 45 sec. The soup will expand in volume. Return soup to pan and add milk. Cook uncovered over moderate heat until hot stirring frequently. Don't let it boil. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with parsley and parmesan.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sls0227 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
asparagus soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes