- 8 ounces thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 4 ounces smoked trout, skinned and flaked into large pieces
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup minced green onions
- calories 186
- fat 10.2 g
- satfat 3.4 g
- monofat 4.2 g
- polyfat 1.5 g
- protein 19.9 g
- carbohydrate 4.3 g
- fiber 1.6 g
- cholesterol 239 mg
- iron 1.9 mg
- sodium 687 mg
- calcium 140 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Cook asparagus in a large saucepan of boiling water 2 minutes. Drain and plunge asparagus into ice water; drain and pat dry.
Combine milk and next 4 ingredients (through egg whites) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in asparagus, 2 tablespoons cheese, dill, and trout.
Heat a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add oil and onions to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Pour egg mixture into pan; stir once. Cook without stirring for 2 minutes or until edges begin to set. Place pan in oven. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes or until eggs are just set. Remove from oven; sprinkle evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese.
Broil frittata 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 8 wedges.