Wonderful, easy weeknight meal. I added pepperflakes and two cans of drained diced tomatoes (did not have fresh tomatoes) after the garlic and oil cooked about a minute. I also added the shrimp and asparagus the last minute of cooking the pasta, drained it, and then immediately added it to the oil mixture. Skipped the broth. Thought the cilantro was a flavorful, nice addition.
Asparagus and Shrimp Stir-fry with Noodles
Yield: Makes 3 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 420
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Protein: 36g
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Sodium: 209mg
- Cholesterol: 228mg
- 3/4 pound (41 to 50 per lb.) frozen shelled, deveined shrimp
- 3/4 pound asparagus
- 8 to 9 ounces fresh linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- About 1/2 cup fat-skimmed chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Place shrimp in a colander; rinse frequently with cold water until thawed, about 5 minutes. In a covered 5- to 6-quart nonstick pan over high heat, bring 2 1/2 to 3 quarts water to a boil.
- 2. Break off and discard tough stem ends from asparagus. Rinse asparagus and cut diagonally into 1 1/4-inch lengths.
- 3. Add linguine and shrimp to boiling water; cook, uncovered, until pasta is barely tender to bite and shrimp are opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), 2 to 3 minutes. Wash colander and pour pasta and shrimp into it; rinse with hot water and drain.
- 4. Rinse pan and return to high heat. When dry, add oil, garlic, and asparagus. Stir often until garlic begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, cilantro, and 1/2 cup broth; bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium.
- 5. Pour shrimp mixture into pan. Mix until pasta is hot, 1 to 2 minutes. For a moister dish, add 2 to 4 more tablespoons broth. Pour into a wide bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes