Asparagus Shepherd's Pie
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 10 3/4-ounce can(s) condensed cream of asparagus soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 pound(s) fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon(s) rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- • In a saucepan, cover potatoes with water; cook until very tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup and pepper; pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- • Cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes; drain and place over beef mixture.
- • Drain potatoes; mash with milk, butter, sage and salt. Spread over the asparagus. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note