Asparagus and Scallop Bowl
This is best served with crusty bread to soak up every drop. For added spice, increase the red pepper to 1/2 teaspoon.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 259
- Calories from fat: 10%
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 27.5g
- Carbohydrate: 31.8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 3.9mg
- Sodium: 759mg
- Calcium: 70mg
- 3 1/2 ounces uncooked buckwheat noodles
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 3 cups (1-inch) diagonally cut asparagus (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; set aside.
- 2. While noodles cook, heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic, and sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. Add broth, water, lemon rind, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice to pan; bring to a boil. Add asparagus; cook 1 minute. Reduce heat, add scallops, and simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until scallops are opaque and asparagus is tender.
- 4. Stir in cooked noodles, remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice, basil, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute. Divide evenly among 4 shallow soup bowls. Sprinkle each portion evenly with green onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews