- 3 1/2 ounces uncooked buckwheat noodles
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 3 cups (1-inch) diagonally cut asparagus (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- calories 259
- caloriesfromfat 10 %
- fat 2.8 g
- satfat 0.3 g
- protein 27.5 g
- carbohydrate 31.8 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 37 mg
- iron 3.9 mg
- sodium 759 mg
- calcium 70 mg
How to Make It
Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; set aside.
While noodles cook, heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic, and sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
Add broth, water, lemon rind, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice to pan; bring to a boil. Add asparagus; cook 1 minute. Reduce heat, add scallops, and simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until scallops are opaque and asparagus is tender.
Stir in cooked noodles, remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice, basil, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute. Divide evenly among 4 shallow soup bowls. Sprinkle each portion evenly with green onions.