Asparagus, Salmon, and Basil Pasta
Spiral-shaped pasta such as fusilli is perfect with this quick, creamy sauce. Serve the dish right away—the pasta absorbs the sauce as it stands.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 428
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Protein: 15g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Carbohydrate: 59g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Sodium: 263mg
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- 10 ounce brown rice fusilli or other fusilli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed, cut in 1-in. pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Cook fusilli as package directs. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and garlic and stir-fry until asparagus is just tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Pour in half-and-half, broth, and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook until liquid is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Mix in salmon, basil, and pasta to coat. Add salt to taste.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note