Asparagus Salad with Roasted Peppers and Goat Cheese
1. 2 pounds medium asparagus, tough ends removed 2. 2 red bell peppers 3. 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar 4. 2 tablespoons capers, drained 5. 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard 6. 2 teaspoons chopped tarragon or dill 7. 1 garlic clove, very finely chopped 8. 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped 9. Salt and freshly ground pepper 10. 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil 11. 2 ounces soft mild goat cheese 12. 12 Niçoise or Calamata olives, pitted and chopped 13. Shavings of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (optional)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Asparagus Salad
- 1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the asparagus until bright green and tender, about 3 minutes; transfer to a colander and refresh under cold water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. Roast the peppers directly over a gas flame or under the broiler, turning, until charred all over. Transfer to a medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let steam for 10 minutes. Peel the peppers and cut them into 1/4-inch-thick strips.
- 3. In a medium bowl, stir together the vinegar, capers, mustard, tarragon, garlic and onion; season with salt and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil.
- 4. Arrange the asparagus on a serving platter. Lay the roasted pepper strips over the asparagus and drizzle with half of the vinaigrette. Crumble the goat cheese on top. Garnish with the chopped olives and the Parmigiano shavings and serve, passing the remaining vinaigrette at the table.
- Make Ahead The recipe can be prepared through Step 3 up to 8 hours ahead. Refrigerate the asparagus, peppers and vinaigrette separately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dddtate and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Asparagus Salad with Roasted Peppers and Goat Cheese Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables