Asparagus Salad Supreme
This salad is a unique way to present this pretty spring vegetable. Mushrooms and walnuts add interest to the creamy dressing that's poured over the cool cooked spears. From Paula Bass: Washington, North Carolina. Serving Accompaniments: Plum-Glazed Cornish Hens and Layered Chocolate Cake. Recipe published in Quick Cooking March/April 2000.
Chill: 2 Hours
- 2 pound(s) fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 pound(s) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- Additional walnuts, optional
- In a skillet, cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes; drain. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms, onions and walnuts in butter until mushrooms are tender. In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and nutmeg. Stir in mushroom mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, place asparagus on a serving platter; top with dressing and walnuts if desire.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note