This was amazing! Great for breakfast or dinner. Definitely will become one of our staples!
Asparagus Salad with Poached Eggs and Tapenade Toasts
More From Cooking Light
Total: 34 Minutes
- Calories: 236
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 11.4g
- Carbohydrate: 19.4g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 186mg
- Iron: 4.2mg
- Sodium: 418mg
- Calcium: 63mg
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice, divided
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 ounces kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 (1/2-ounce) slices whole-wheat baguette
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; keep warm.
- 3. Combine rind, 2 tablespoons orange juice, 2 tablespoons oil, and 2 teaspoons vinegar in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- 4. Place remaining 1 tablespoon orange juice, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, capers, fennel seeds, olives, and garlic in a food processor; process until finely chopped.
- 5. Place baguette slices on a baking sheet. Broil 2 minutes or until golden, turning after 1 minute.
- 6. Add water to a large skillet, filling two-thirds full; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer. Stir in remaining 2 teaspoons vinegar. Break each egg into a custard cup. Gently pour eggs into pan; cook 3 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Carefully remove eggs from pan using a slotted spoon.
- 7. Spread tapenade evenly onto toasts; place 2 toasts on each of 6 plates. Drizzle asparagus with dressing, tossing gently to coat. Divide asparagus evenly among plates. Top asparagus with 1 poached egg; sprinkle eggs evenly with pepper and salt. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note