A tangy, homemade dressing and crisp-tender asparagus make a a lovely display that isn't a lot of work in this nutritious salad. From Tammy Allison: Cape May Court House, New Jersey. Serving Accompaniment: Shrimp Orzo Salad. Recipe published in Light & Tasty April/May 2006.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoon(s) water
- 4 cup(s) spring mix salad greens
- 1/3 cup(s) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) orange juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) pineapple preserves
- 2 tablespoon(s) apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon(s) sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup(s) slivered almonds, toasted
- • Place asparagus and water in a microwave-safe 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- • Place salad greens on a serving platter; top with asparagus. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, orange juice, preserves, sesame seeds and ginger. Drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note