- 24 fresh asparagus spears
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 12 bread slices, trimmed
- 12 thinly sliced deli ham slices
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Garnishes: green onion curl, red bell pepper
How to Make It
Snap off tough ends of asparagus, and remove scales from stalks with a vegetable peeler, if desired. Arrange asparagus in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from steamer, and cool on paper towels.
Stir together cream cheese and next 3 ingredients.
Roll each bread slice with a rolling pin to flatten. Spread 1 side of each slice with 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture; top each with 1 ham slice.
Place 2 asparagus spears, tips pointed toward opposite ends, on 1 end of each bread slice; roll up, and place, seam side down, on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with paprika.
Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately. Garnish, if desired.
Note: Freeze unbaked rollups up to 1 month in an airtight container. Thaw in refrigerator, and bake as directed.