These roll-ups make a unique finger food, a side dish at supper or a lovely lunch served with soup. Recipe published in Taste of Home April/May 1999.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 16 spear(s) fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 16 slice(s) sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1 8-ounce package(s) cream cheese (softened or cubed), softened
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced chives
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, melted
- 3 tablespoon(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- • In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Set aside.
- • Flatten bread with a rolling pin. Combine the cream cheese, bacon and chives; spread 1 tablespoonful on each slice of bread. Top with an asparagus spear. Roll up tightly; place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- • Cut roll-ups in half. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 32 appetizers.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note