Asparagus, Roasted Beets, and Goat Cheese Salad
- 9 small red beets (about 3 pounds)
- 9 small golden beets (about 3 pounds)*
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 60 small spears asparagus
- 1 (11-ounce) log goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Garnishes: cracked pepper, olive oil
- Bake beets in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet at 425° for 40 to 45 minutes or until tender, stirring every 15 minutes; cool completely.
- Whisk together 1 cup olive oil, red wine vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl; set vinaigrette aside.
- Peel beets; cut into wedges. Toss together red beets, 1/4 cup vinaigrette, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; set aside. In a separate bowl, toss together golden beets, 1/4 cup vinaigrette, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- Cut top 3 inches from asparagus, cook in boiling water to cover 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain. Combine asparagus and 1/2 cup vinaigrette; set aside.
- Cut goat cheese into 6 equal slices. Place 1 cheese slice in a 3-inch round cutter or ring mold; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon chives. Press chives into cheese; remove cutter. Transfer cheese to a serving plate. Repeat procedure with remaining cheese and chives.
- Arrange asparagus spears evenly on top of cheese rounds. Top with beets and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Sprinkle cracked pepper and olive oil around rim of plate, if desired.
- *Note: Small red beets may be substituted for golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Asparagus, Roasted Beets, and Goat Cheese Salad Recipe at a Glance