Delish! I also only used 1 pound of asparagus which was plenty. My arm was about to fall off after all the constant stirring, but it was well worth it. I might add some minced garlic and cracked black peppercorns next time for a little extra seasoning.
Risotto is a good and simple staple to have in your recipe repertoire. Here's a cost-saving tip: You can substitute sushi rice for pricier Arborio with the same excellent results.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 294
- Calories from fat: 50%
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 6.6g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Sodium: 806mg
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup Arborio or sushi rice
- 2 pounds asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 2-in. pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring broth to a simmer.
- 2. Heat oil in a large pot. Add onions and rice and cook, stirring, until rice is browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth, 1/2 cup at a time, and cook, stirring constantly until almost all the broth is absorbed before adding more, until rice is al dente, about 20 minutes; add hot water if you need more liquid. About 5 minutes before rice is done, add asparagus, butter, and parmesan and cook until asparagus is tender-crisp.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note