I found this to be easy and delicious! I did have to cook the asparagus longer than 5 minutes in order to make them tender, but it didn't make this any more work. I was pleasantly surprised by the manchego, which i had never tried. We served this with spicy honey-brushed chicken thighs and some long grain and wild rice. It was lovely to be able to cook the whole meal while rice cooked. I would definitely make this again.
Asparagus with Red Pepper and Manchego
This recipe for Asparagus with Red Pepper and Manchego lends a Spanish twist to your dinner.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 82
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Sodium: 106mg
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound trimmed asparagus
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ounce shaved Manchego cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add canola oil; swirl to coat. Add asparagus; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add bell pepper, paprika, black pepper, and salt; cook 2 minutes. Top with Manchego cheese.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note