Asparagus and Radish Sauté
This flavorful and no-fuss Asparagus and Radish Sauté side dish is the perfect way to make vegetables exciting--and enticing. Slice the radishes as thinly as possible. Use a mandoline if you own one.
More From Allyou
Total: 44 Minutes
- Calories: 68
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Sodium: 161mg
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 large shallots, sliced thinly lengthwise through the root
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, ends trimmed, cut on diagonal into 2-inch pieces
- 1 bunch small radishes (about 8 oz.), trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 packed tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1. Warm oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring frequently, until wilted, about 5 minutes. Add asparagus and continue to cook, tossing frequently, until asparagus is crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes longer.
- 2. Add radishes, lemon zest and butter to skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until radishes are just warmed through, about 1 minute. Squeeze lemon juice over and toss again. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note