Recipe published in Country Woman March/April 1991.
Stand: 10 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie shell
- 1/2 pound(s) fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 cup(s) (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup(s) half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) basil
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- • Bake crust at 425° for 6-7 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- • Cook the asparagus spears in a small amount of water until tender. Drain and cool. Set aside three spears for garnish; cut the remaining asparagus into 1/2-in. pieces. Combine the asparagus pieces and onions; add flour and toss. Pour into crust; sprinkle with cheese. Whisk together eggs, cream, salt, basil and cayenne; pour over asparagus mixture.
- • Bake at 325° for 25 minutes. Split the reserved asparagus spears lengthwise and arrange, cut side down, in a wheel pattern on top of filling. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note